There are no pictures available for this page. Maybe later?
The manufacturer calls this sleek, black machine for an 'internet terminal', possibly because it can run a web browser...
|Production year: 2008||OS: Linux|
|Type: Netbook||Speed: 400MHz||RAM: 128MB|
|ROM: 1GB||Display: Internal LCD||Resolution: 800x480|
The 'ROM' is a FLASH disk, and in the beginning, it has about 650MB free, which isn't a bad feat considering what they've managed to install of software.
The OS is a custom version of Linux with the v2.4 kernel, supposedly.
Of applications, we can mention:
There are a few tools that I haven't listed, but those are for configuration and general system tasks.
- Browser: Bon Echo 18.104.22.168 - based on FireFox, and runs FF add-ons.
- Email: Sylpheed 2.4.1
- Chat: XIP chatting - Really Pidgin 2.1.0
- eBook reader: FBReader
- Media Player: Xine - plays .mp3, .avi(there's a Ice Age II previev included to act as demo), WMA(unencrypted) and also, it seems, .flv files as saved from YouTube with a FF add-in...
- Xip Flash Player - To play downloaded flash-games.
- Xip Word: AbiWord 2.4.5 - Handles most common formats. Not certain about Abi plug-ins.
- XIP Table: Gnumeric 1.6.3 spreadsheet. Seems pretty decent.
- PDF Viewer: ePDFView 0.1.6
- Image Gallery: GQview 2.1.5
- Dictionary: Stardict 2.4.8
- Calendar: Agenda-type program. Not certain who has made this as it has no help menu or splas-screen. Seems pretty OK, though, except for a few points.
- Paint Brush: rgbPaint 0.8.7 - Just about as good as the classic PaintBrush on Windows. Saves as .jpg or .png
- Calculator: galculator v1.3.0
- File manager: PCMan File Manager 0.3.2.2 Lightweight file manager.
- XIPtar: file packager. Handles .zip, .tar, .gz and .bz2
Got any comments? Write them here:
- Comments will not be visible until I manually OK them.
- You don't need to give an email address if you don't want to. But if you do, you decide whether or not it is visible. (No addresses will be given to third-parties, it's only there to make it easier for me to get back to you)
- This script WILL log your IP adress.
- Profanities, 'L337' speak, links to unrelated stuff like Pr0n and online gambling will result in your IP being banned, a message being sent to your ISP and anything else nasty I can think of...
- Suspicious HTML in the comments field will also cause me to give you hell.
- While I don't have any user registration here, that's no reason to use a 'nick' belonging to someone else.